Even though the terms WEB DESIGN VS. WEB DEVELOPMENT is often used together in conversation, they’re very different when you look at the specifics. A lot of time can be saved if you know the difference between someone who makes websites and someone who makes them.
People who design websites and build websites are two different types of people.
WEB DESIGN VS. WEB DEVELOPMENT: IN SHORT
Mainly, web designers are in charge of how a website looks and works. Web developers are in charge of how a website works and what it can do. This is how a designer makes things look and work for the user, but without computer-programmed parts. Web designers use color, space, and other graphic design principles to make a website that looks good to people who visit it.
Web development is the coding or programming that makes it possible for people to click and move from one page to the next. When you see a good movie, you won’t think about the web developer behind the camera. They’re always there, but you won’t notice them in a good movie. The same thing is true for websites as well.
THE DESIGN OF WEB PAGE
It’s important to know the difference between web design and web development. Web Design Edmonton Agency of mavericksmedia will explain this in this blog post:
Web design is all about how a website and its supporting pages look and feel. People who work for web design companies like Toronto web design usually have a lot of experience making logos and other graphics. They’ll make sure that everything they make for you fits your needs.
Software like Adobe Photoshop is an important part of good graphic design services. Adobe has a lot of different software programs that graphic designers can use at every step of their process to make sure they follow these eight rules of graphic design.
- Alignment – Clean and organized design is easier for people to read because they can see a clear connection between aligned things.
- Hierarchy – It means changing the style of things on a page to draw attention to the most important parts of the page. For example, making the word “hierarchy” bold makes it stand out.
- Contrast – Contrast is a way to draw attention to important elements by making them different in size, color, thickness, and style.
- Repetition – It helps keep the website organized and consistent by repeating things on the page and connecting them to other things. This is an important part of building a strong brand in your users’ minds.
- Proximity – Proximity refers to grouping things together or keeping them apart to make a page that makes sense.
- Balance – Balance refers to how the visual flow and stability make it easy for a user to understand.
- Color – It sets the user’s mood, and it is important to put all the other things on the page together. Colors should be the same to help people recognize your brand.
- Space – When there isn’t a lot of space on a page, it makes it easier for people to see the important information.
About WEB DEVELOPMENT
If you think of a web design company as being in charge of the site you see, a web development company is in charge of the site you use. Web development is about how your website works and how the pages you’ve made look. It also makes them work.
They use different programming languages like HTML or PHP to break down the design into a dynamic, interactive website that can be changed and added to overtime. They’ll write code (also called “programming”) in a text editor. They’ll use that code to build the back-end of your site.
In the case of businesses that write a lot of content, a web development company may decide on WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS). This way, the agency can build the website faster without sacrificing its functionality. This would make it easy for the client to get to their content without learning a complicated coding language.
The question is: Is it better to work with a web developer or a web designer?
Neither. After comparing the two, you can probably tell that it isn’t comparing apples to apples at all. To get everything you need for both design and development at once, you should hire an integrated marketing agency or a web development company that has both teams. A website built as it was meant to be and that your users will have the best experience possible if you go this way.
Most Viewed Posts: